Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut sheets from Inventor?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aamer545
432 Views, 1 Reply

Cut sheets from Inventor?

Hello,

First off let me say that this forum has been a wealth of information and very helpful. Thanks!

I work for a small furniture manufacturer. We make mostly metal furniture and use AutoCAD and Inventor to create the shop drawings.  My question is in regards to inventor(running 2012 right now).  Our assemblies typically contain only 10-20 components.  The parts list containing each component, with length and material, has been very helpful for our guys in the shop.  I was hoping to further this by getting them a "cut ticket" for each component of an assembly. Ideally, an isometric view of the part with some minor dimensioning on it would be great.  I have not been able to effectively get one of these together. I dont want to create an .idw for each component, that seems like overkill and a lot of work.  I noticed in the BOM the small image of the component, but have not figured out how to use these for that purpose.  Anyone have any insight for this? 

Thanks,

AJ

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: aamer545

Perhaps the Engineer's Notes would give you what want (right click on sketch or feature in browser and select Create Note.

Engineers Notes.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report