Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cut and paste

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
egghead
648 Views, 12 Replies

cut and paste

can anyone tell me why ctrl C, ctrl V etc wont work within IV2013.

it works with every other program on my pc.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
dan_inv09
in reply to: egghead

Wait,

Where doesn't it work? Are you trying to cut and paste parts or features, or is it not working with text within Inventor?

(I guess it's a good thing we're still on '12.)

Message 3 of 13
egghead

Its when trying to cut/copy parts within assemblies etc.

used to work.

wish we stayed on IV2012 to.

Message 4 of 13
JimSteinmeyer

We are still in 2012. The other day I was trying to use it bringing in a sketch from AutoCAD and it wouldn't work for the life of me. I know I have used it before, guess I wasn't holding my tongue right or something.

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
Message 5 of 13
Cadmanto

If it used to work I wish you would share how.

I have tried numerous time to select a part in the assembly tree and do a ctrl-C and then a ctrl-V

and it has never worked for me.

I have gotten it to work in other CAD packages.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 6 of 13
egghead

we have 2 pcs side by side one allows us to use cut and paste etc within the model one does not allow us to use cut and paste.

both pcs are identical in software, SP's etc.

Message 7 of 13
dan_inv09

I pulled my ribbon bar out and stuck it on a different monitor and (it may have been doing it before but) I noticed that Inventor seems less likely to recognize keystrokes (Esc, etc.).

The difference between your pcs might be that one is running with inventor maximized or something like that.

Message 8 of 13
cwhetten
in reply to: dan_inv09

@dan_inv09 wrote:

I pulled my ribbon bar out and stuck it on a different monitor and (it may have been doing it before but) I noticed that Inventor seems less likely to recognize keystrokes (Esc, etc.).

I have noticed the same thing.  I keep my part / feature browser on my second monitor, and I've noticed that depending which screen my mouse cursor is in, some of the keyboard commands aren't always recognized.  It's a little frustrating, and results in more mouse clicks, but the extra screen space for the graphics is worth the hassle.

Message 9 of 13
IS200

Don't know if this is a solution or not, but I have found that occasionally Inventor just won't respond to keyboard inputs at all, including any keyboard shortcuts. i.e; 'd' for dimension, 'c' for constrain...

The only solution I have found is to restart Inventor or, sometimes even restart windows. No idea what causes the problem though.

Message 10 of 13
jsmith923

I know I'm responding to a pretty old post, but I found I was having same issues with my home computer, but not with my work computer. (Not just copy paste, but also F6 & F7 keys)

Here is what I have figured out.  You have to make sure the upper right toolbar of Inventor is not collapsed, but expanded.  When it is collapsed, you lose certain keyboard entry functions for some reason (probably bugs within the software).  As long as this toolbar is expanded, you shouldn't have those issues.

Inventor Toolbar Collapsed.JPG

Collapsed

Inventor Toolbar Expanded.JPG

Expanded

Message 11 of 13
JDMather
in reply to: Cadmanto

@Cadmanto wrote:

I have tried numerous time to select a part in the assembly tree and do a ctrl-C and then a ctrl-V

Didn't read through this entire thread - I assume you have found out that you can Ctrl drag copies of parts from assemby tree to graphics window.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 12 of 13

@Cadmanto wrote:

and it has never worked for me.

Hi Cadmanto,

If you select the target part in the browser and press CTRL + C on the keyboard, then click in the graphics area and then press CTRL + V on the keyboard it should work. Keep in mind that the click in the graphics area provides the insertion point as well.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 13 of 13

Hi,

you are right, I see the same behaviour on my machine.

I have logged an issue (DID1489576 ) for this topic to our internal database so people from Autodesk can take a look.

Thanks for reporting this issue!

Stanislav Sedlak

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report