Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing Toolbars

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Cadmanto
482 Views, 6 Replies

Customizing Toolbars

If there is a specific toolbar that I want to add to the ribbon how is this done?

I see that you can find the toolbar of your choice then slide specific commands using the "Add" button.

Or I can turn on the entire toolbar and place it somewhere around the model screen, but that shrinks the

model viewer.   Thanks for your help.  Scott

TOOLBARS.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rdyson
in reply to: Cadmanto

I'm not sure what your actual intent is but are you aware that you can create your own keyboard hot keys? Anything that I do more than a couple times a day has a hot key to reduce mouse movement and clicks.

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: rdyson

Yes, I am aware of that.  I have some hotkeys setup for simple things like turning things on/off,

but beyond that I try to setup my toolbars to encompass the other commands.

My intent was if you go to the customize and select toolbars, there are toolbars that are not in the

ribbon.  I want to place them in the ribbon for easy access.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 4 of 7

Hi Cadmanto,

If I understand correctly, you're referring to "toolbars" meaning "tools" or buttons. So it sounds as if you're trying to add a button to your ribbon tab, right?

I'm going from memory here, but after you add buttons to a given tab, I think you should be able to right-click on the ribbon and choose Panels > User Panel and that is where the custom buttons are placed. I might have the wording off a bit, but it's something along those lines.

Let me know if I'm way off the mark of what you're after.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 5 of 7

Hey Curtis,

Kinda sort of, but not really.  If you go to this command in the tools>options

TOOLBARS1.JPG

Then when it brings up this dialog window

TOOLBARS.JPG

I want this toolbar on the ribbon.  I know if I RC on the ribbon and select customize I can drag individual buttons into a user defined group, but that seems to be a lot of work to get what should be an easy operation.

I hope this makes sense.

If you know anything about Solidworks, if you RC on the command manager you can add a tab then link any toolbar to that tab. That is what I am hoping Inventor can do.

Thanks

Scott

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 7

Hi Cadmanto,

In that last screen shot there is a Show button that will bring up the selected toolbar. Then you can place it as needed on your screen, but I don't think you can dock it, or park it on the ribbon.

FYI: in 2012 Autodesk has removed the toolbar tab, and toolbars altogether.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 7 of 7

Hi Curtis,

I will have 2012 at home and haven't noticed that yet.  I will look for it though.

Curious why they eliminated the toolbars selection.  But what you said about docking and linking to

the ribbon can't be done and that is what I was looking to know.  At least I know now and comfirmed

what I was thinking was the case.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report