Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize K factor for sheet metal parts in an assembly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
spsid13
607 Views, 2 Replies

Customize K factor for sheet metal parts in an assembly

Dear all,

I have an assembly with many sub assemblies which consist of sheet metal parts fo thickness 3mm and 2mm.

I have made a 100 parts with k factor as default but now i am in need of changing the k factor for all the parts according to the following table

Material  thickness  k factor

MS               2             0.46

MS               3             0.4

SS                2             0.42

SS                3             0.38

Can anyone help me with an ilogic or API  here? I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Sid

Using Inventor 2011

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: spsid13

Hi! I don't think you have to use iLogic in this case. There is a way to propagate the change via Styles Library. You need to set Styles Library to Read-Write in the Project setting. Then make the K-factor change in a sheet metal part. Next, go to Manage -> Styles -> Save. Save back the edited styles to Styles Library. Lastly, start a new assembly and drag and drop those parts into the assembly. Go to Manage -> Styles -> Update. Then all sheet metal files will get the updated styles.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
spsid13
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Jhonson,

sorry for the late reply.

In the solution you provided i have to look for all the parts that have bending and then drag and drop each part into an assembly.

Can't this be simplified using ilogic where i just say run rule or run a program and it automatically looks for sheet metal parts and changes these values.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sid,

Using inventor 2011

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report