Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Bolted Connection to custom folder

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jhemgwapz
842 Views, 4 Replies

Customize Bolted Connection to custom folder

Hello Guys,

I would like to ask something since we are uploading different files from our end to a remote server however it came to my mind that whenever we upload files like assembly those bolted connection that I have created the is a message appear "unresolved" whenever they opened those assembly on remote, We have check that we need to mark the box  "as custom" to customize where the bolt/nut will be save, My question here is how can we apply that on bolted connection? I hope someone can help me here since I'm still beginner with Inventor 2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jhemgwapz
in reply to: jhemgwapz

Just to give you a clear idea.. I need to know how can i place the bolted connection without saving it to content centre file in which whenever i created a bolted connection.. all the parts where save on the said folder . Please help.
Message 3 of 5
CCarreiras

Hi!

If you want to bring all the parts (Including Content Center even no "custom" parts) that belong to one assembly, use the "Pack and Go".
This tool will gather all the files belonging to the assembly; parts, subassembly, drawings and linked files as jpeg, excel, etc and will put all these assembly elements in one folder. Then you can upload this folder to wherever you want and everyone can work with the project without missing anything.

You can access to pack and go inside inventor (with the main assembly open), or in the project folder hovering the mouse in the main assembly file and click RMButton.

Clipboard04.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 4 of 5
CCarreiras

Read about Pack and Go in help, because you will have lots of options to select, but it's easy to manage.
Also it will work better if you work with "Inventor Projects" (The .ipj file).

Other option:
Also you can place the Content Center folder in the server and point all the users to this folder and therefore, all the upload Projects must be addressing also to this content center folder.
You can edit the projects and set the path for the Content center folder in every Project.

Clipboard05.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 5 of 5
jhemgwapz
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thank you so much for sharing this information. I have saved a lot of time because of this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report