Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Title Block

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
m.granata
423 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Title Block

Hello,

First, I am using Inventor Premium Design Suite 2013 on a Windows 7 Professional HP XW 8400 workstation.  I am creating a custom title block with my business logo.  The issue is the logo.  It is an idw format drawing that when finished I save a copy as a template. The logo can be a tif, jpg, png, bmp format, I have tried them all.  I start from an existing standard ANSI template and title block, edit the title block in sketch mode, when finished, close the sketch and save the title block in a new name.  I insert the logo using the Manage-Insert-Image command.  The issue is after I insert the logo and close the sketch.

The inserted logo looks fine while in sketch mode, then when I close the sketch and save the title block the logo gets distorted, blured, or both.  What's going on?  If I insert the logo in the template outside of sketch mode it is fine.  Ultimately, when finished with all changes I save this template as a new idw drawing then a copy as a template.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mpatchus
in reply to: m.granata

Try embedding the logo in the Title Block sketch itself.  You are limited to BMP files (at least in 2012), so make sure you have a high qualit, larger image than you require.

Attached is a sample file.

image tb.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 3
m.granata
in reply to: mpatchus

mpatchus,

Thanks for the reply.  I looked at your sample and I am inserting the image just as in your sample.  In sketch mode my inserted image actually looks better than this sample.  After closing and saving the sketch the image distorts and blurrs.  I am wondering if it is something with my particular image file.  I am going to try a completely different file of something else and see what happens.

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report