Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Title Blcok

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dbcox
340 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Title Blcok

Ok, dumb question.  I have a customized title block that I created in an idw.  I want to make that block available for all drawings for different projects.  How do I do that?

Thanks,

David

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dbcox

Store that IDW in the same locations where your (start) templates are defined.  So everytime you start a new drawing you pick that template.   If you want to use the custom titleblock in an existing drawings, copy and paste it

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dbcox

Save that drawing as a template, all new drawings will use that automatically. For older drawings you will need to delete the title block off of the sheet and if it has the same name as the new one, out of the drawing resources > title block folder. Then open a new drawing, ciopy the title block and paste it into the old drawing, inserting it for every sheet. All fields that have the same name should retain that information. When done go to the Manage Tab > Styles and Standards subtab and click update. Also anytime you update your styles on old drawings you need to update the styles.

Title block.PNG

Message 4 of 4
dbcox
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks guys!  Saving as a template worked great!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report