Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Quick Access Toolbar buttons?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
hw77377
1470 Views, 6 Replies

Custom Quick Access Toolbar buttons?

Could someone who is using the full version of Inventor (not LT) please answer this question:

Is there a check box in the Program Options Dialog to use large toolbar Icons ?

I posted an earlier message ( in the installation forum) asking about how to do this in Inventor 2014 LT.

I was told to do this:

"AutoCAD's OPTIONS command, DISPLAY tab, check the box USE LARGE BUTONS FOR TOOLBARS.

Inventor 2014 LT does not have the feature, does the Full Version of Inventor really have this feature ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: hw77377

Right click on the ribbon (the top panel) and select ribbon appearance. Then select Large.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 7
hw77377

Toolbar ... NOT Ribbon.

If you are using the full version (NOT LT)  of Inventor could you please look at the Program Options / Display Tab and tell me if there is a check bot to use LAERGE TOOLBAR icons.

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
Davarn-Tool&Die

Autocad has toolbars like this:

toolbar.JPG

They can be Large or small, just as your advice says.  "AutoCAD's OPTIONS command, DISPLAY tab, check the box USE LARGE BUTONS FOR TOOLBARS."

But Inventor uses 1. The ribbon 2. Mini toolbars that support certain commands and pop up when you use those commands. 3. A precise input toolbar that allows the input of precise locations for certain commands.

I hope this clears up the confusion.

Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr

@hw77377 wrote:

Toolbar ... NOT Ribbon.

If you are using the full version (NOT LT)  of Inventor could you please look at the Program Options / Display Tab and tell me if there is a check bot to use LAERGE TOOLBAR icons.

Thanks

NO THERE IS NO OPTIONS/DISPLAY TAB..LARGE TOOLBAR ICONS

screenshot attached.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 7
JoAnn_Hogan

Hi,

Just to get one thing clear, Inventor is NOT AutoCAD. When you work with Inventor you should think Inventor and when you work in AutoCAD you should think AutoCAD. Yes the programs have similarities but its two different programs developed by different people

As per your previous post, everybody tried to explain that there is no large TOOLBAR command and tried helping as much as possible and made suggestions to help. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/How-to-make-Menu-Ribbon-and-Browser-Text-much-larger-...

Then still you where not satisfied and post the same question again and again eveybody is just trying to help. As per your pervious post MCGYVR suggested that you make these suggestions to Autodesk themselfs. 

You can submit a feature request to Autodesk here.. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

and here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/idb-p/v1232

If your Inventor is still too small, have you tried using a projector or maybe a 75" TV as a monitor? With your monitor set to 200%?

In your previous post you said:

<<I understand that the feature I'm looking for is available in the ful version ($$$$) so all I can conclude is AutoDesk does not give a hoot about people with impaired vision and all they worry about is the bottom line. That in itself is not a bad thing, but they should not discard "us" (me included) onto the pile if human rejects just because nature gave us poor vision.>>

Ok so we came to the conclusion that there isnt a feature in the full or LT version. You CAN set the size of your RIBBON. (Meaning Autodesk is giving a hoot). But this is clearly something you need to submit to Autodesk. The people on this forum is normal human beings just like you. We dont all work for Autodesk. So getting upset with us is like getting upset at the guy next to the shop offering to help you push your trolley to the car. We can make suggestions but we cannot recreate Autodesk Software and MAKE it work. That is clearly an issue you need to take up with Autodesk.

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 7 of 7
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

You can get in contact with Autodesk through this link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1073074

Please also see the attachment and consider topics highlighted in red

Jo - Ann

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report