Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Property function

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
alexmende
835 Views, 7 Replies

Custom Property function

Hello all,

I have a question regarding the custom/project iproperties. Let me try my best to explain what I want to accomplish.

In the title block I have the following:

current.JPG

Now, this is great and all, but for my purposes, it ends up being a pain to have to select the material in the model and change it to read what I want it to say.

For example, this is my the material I applied to this model:

actual material.JPG

So that means that "CRS 1018" is applied to the Model Material Property. Now if I want to change that material, I actually have to go back into the Material dialog box, duplicate the material, and rename it the proper name (if the one I need doesn't already exist). This is fine, but it is not fast.

I hope the following pictures explain what I would like to do.

Custom.JPG

drawing material.JPG

I would like the drawing to default to the material in the Model Material iProperty, but I would like to be able to change the material from the iProperties dialog box if I so choose. By doing it this way, I can change most of the properties I use in my title block all from one location (the Model iProperties dialog box). I understand that the Material is no longer parametric to the drawing, but Mass properties are currently not important for me.

I hope this is possible, otherwise do you have any suggestions?

Thanks a bunch!

Alex Mende

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cmharb
in reply to: alexmende

As a point of view we dont have materials defined in the drawing template we add this in the note for the views as we could have two or more things shown on the drawing with different materials.

To change the material isnt it easer to goto Physical and change it there? then any referance to the parts material will also change.

w7u-64sp1,iv14,intel.xeon.e5-2620 0 @2.00 2.00-32gb,gtx560-4gb
Message 3 of 8
mdavis22569

I believe this to be possible ...

You could also do an Ilogic ..and put in the material there too and have it update everything

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
alexmende
in reply to: mdavis22569

I have never worked with iLogic before. I thought it may come to that though. 

Nonetheless, thank you.

Message 5 of 8
alexmende
in reply to: cmharb

My overall goal with this post is to save time. I want to be able to edit most everything (including the material) from the same iProperties dialog box. As of right now, going to the Material Browser to change the material is just one more place I would rather not go for my drawing creation.

Thank you for your response.

Message 6 of 8
mdavis22569

You could go over the Inventor Customizing Board and see if anyone has done this yet

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
nmunro

iPropWiz will do what you are asking, plus a lot more in working with properties.Trial available from the Exchange app store.

https://c3mcad.com

Message 8 of 8
alexmende

I guess that I will mark nmunro's answer as the solution to this question. I have not tried iPropWiz yet (do not have time to), but I did some research on the add-in and it seems to offer everything that I am asking for.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report