Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Library of Parts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MikeDiyer
286 Views, 4 Replies

Custom Library of Parts

INV 2014 -
I've created a folder on our server that contains commonly used parts by several users. My thought was that by referencing this folder as library in their projects, they wouldn't be able to change the parts. I could also build assemblies referencing these common parts so they wouldn't have to be copied into each project folder...
During the save option in their assemblies, the parts show up as NO (in a library), but this can be bypassed by "YES TO ALL".
Is this not the right process for setting up a custom part library?
Also, the users are experiencing some lag issues... Could this be the reason?
TIA
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: MikeDiyer

Mike,

We have Vault and being an administrator to the vault, we have these types of parts stored in a secure location in the vault that only administrators have access to when it comes to changes or additions to.

Any chance you have Vault?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 5
MikeDiyer

We have vault, but aren't currently using it.
Message 4 of 5
blair

Or just limit who has permissions to "Write" to the folder designated as your Library folder. Turn it into a "Read" only for the general users.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
Cadmanto

What is stoping you from using it?  This certainly sounds like an ideal circumstance in which to use it.

Using Vault in my opinion would be easier to set up and a lot more secure then trying to set up Windows permissions on folders.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report