Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Frame Profiles

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ortem
243 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Frame Profiles

Hi,

I'm trying to produce a wooden frame from a custom profile that I've drawn up. The software's having none of it though and wont let me attach the profile to a frame.

Can anyone please shed any light and explain how I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pcrawley
in reply to: ortem

The statement "The software's having none of it though and wont let me attach the profile to a frame" is a bit hard to understand in terms of what you have actually done (there's no mention of the steps you took - or the errors you got). 

The process if fairly straight forward (assuming you understand publishing to Content Center) - but you have to make sure you use the "Structural Shape Authoring" tool before publishing to CC.  If you don't, then Frame Generator won't recognise the shape and won't present it as an option when placing frame members.

Peter
Message 3 of 4
ortem
in reply to: pcrawley

Hi Peter,

Ok, here's what I've done...

I've constructed a skeletal model for various parts and one of them is a wooden profile that I want to use with the 'Insert frame' tool. I've tried using the structural shape command and then published it but when I go into my assembly file and select insert frame, I cant find the new profile anywhere.

The wooden profile is located in a standard part file as part of a skeletal layout.

What am I doing wrong?

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: ortem

@ortem wrote:

The wooden profile is located in a standard part file as part of a skeletal layout.

What am I doing wrong?

This doesn't sound right to me?

I didn't watch this entire video, but maybe this will help -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgnHHQ0aRrY

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report