Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
drguitarum2005
Message 1 of 1 (78 Views)

Custom DXF Naming

78 Views, 0 Replies
12-05-2012 10:35 AM

Hey yall,

Due to the way we export our drawings as DXFs to some CNC machines, I was wondering if there was a way to customize the way Inventor 2013 names its DXFs? The way it does it by default is, if I have a drawing with 5 sheets, it'll call it drawingname_sheet name_sheet number. For example:

drawing_main_1

drawing_side_2

and so on. Is there a way I can have it simplify and NOT include the sheet name and have it do:

drawing_1

drawing_2

etc?

MORE IMPORTANTLY, can I have it add leading 0's to the sheet number at the end? If I have a drawing file with over 10 sheets and I export a bunch of DXFs, I want everything to be in numerical order and not put #11 next to #1 in windows.

Thanks!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.