Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Content Centre Shapes and Frame Generator

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
phils-ams
1134 Views, 13 Replies

Custom Content Centre Shapes and Frame Generator

I have been trying to add my own shapes to the Content Centre, with some success, but for being able to use them in Frame Generator. I was able to Author a new part and publish it to Structural Shapes and it works very well. However when I try to use it in Frame Generator there is an issue that I do not understand. Frame Generator recognises the family and all of the different sizes and materials, but when it come to inserting the part, i get the following message:

Capture2.PNG

I am not sure what this means. The part family is in my own library in a seperate category. I don't know what/where template file needs to be and is that the same ipt file that I used to create the Content Centre part/shape? Do I need to create a new Standard rather than "attaching" it to the AS Standard? Many thanks for any help....

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
jdavis417
in reply to: phils-ams

Congratulations on your CC success!

You'll want to use the Structural Shape tool.  It's a pull-down next to the Coponent tool (in 2012, at least).  Then your shapes will be available to FG.

Good Luck and Good Frame Generating!Robot LOL 

Message 3 of 14
phils-ams
in reply to: jdavis417

Yes - I went through Structural Shape to publish the part and it is available inside Frame Generator. My problem comes after selecting the part, selecting the sketch, selecting the orientation of the part on the sketch, saving the frame/skeleton..... then that alert pops up!

Message 4 of 14
jdavis417

Total WAG... rebuild your custom CC library.?!

Message 5 of 14
jdavis417

sorry... "Update" not "rebuild"

Message 6 of 14
phils-ams

Sorry - have tried that as well - didn't help.....

Message 7 of 14
jdavis417

Re-read (or should I say, read) your OP... (sorry for the selective blindness):smileyembarrassed:

I found an interesting bullet in my Mastering 2009 book that suggests that in the Family Porperties pane, the standard organization is used to categorize the member during insertion.

It doesn't say it HAS to be standard... I dunno, just trying like heck to be helpful (for a change).

Message 8 of 14
phils-ams

Yes - you are correct. You do not have to have a Standard Organization listed (I have since discovered this myself through experimentation). If there is no standard organization included, FG inserts an "unknown" listing. I originally put it in AS because that is where the rest of my modified structural shapes are and it was easy to find.

Thankyou for your thoughts and ideas!

Message 9 of 14
BLHDrafting

Can you place the CC part into an assy, not as an FG member, just a PLACE FROM CC?

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 10 of 14
phils-ams
in reply to: BLHDrafting

Oh Yes - straight from Content Centre it works a treat - the 3 heights created in the parameters dialogue transferred to the structural shape authoring - the process to create the structured shape worked quite well although there are some steps missing from the help pages. Apart from not being able to use it in FG due to the alert I am really pleased with the outcome.

Message 11 of 14
BLHDrafting

I can only think that there is something wrong in the publish method. I have published around 80 families to the CC for Structural and all work fine. But I have found that doing it with the iPart/table method (which is a bit more work) has more success than the easier, more straightforward method of creating the parameters, selecting the keys and then using the Structural Shape authoring method.

I'd just try it again. It will eventually work!

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 12 of 14
phils-ams
in reply to: BLHDrafting

Thanks for that Brendan.... I have some "real" work to go on with for now so I will have to come back to it later... it is probably something I missed in the process. It will be sorted out in time...

Message 13 of 14
cmharb

i have this same error, but im using a part from teh db and not one ive created myself.

the error is:

[WARNING] Frame Generator: Errors occurred during inserting Frame Member(s)
    [WARNING] Insertion of frame member(s) failed
        [ERROR] A frame member could not be created.  The template file for ISO ISO 657/11-1980(E) - Hot rolled steel sloping flange channel sections could not be located in the Content Center library.

as you can see it is a standard iso part.

w7u-64sp1

iv13sp1.1

intel.xeon.e5-2620 0 @2.00 2.00-32gb

gtx560-4g

w7u-64sp1,iv14,intel.xeon.e5-2620 0 @2.00 2.00-32gb,gtx560-4gb
Message 14 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: cmharb

Hi,

I had same problem I my solution was to remove all text values in fx parameters.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report