Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Content Center Update and Delete

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
10141 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Content Center Update and Delete

I'm working on setting up a custom Content Center library on my work computer.  The problem is I can't figure out how to delete the test part that I published.  There is the "delete family" and "delete category" buttons but they are grayed out and can’t be used.  The other problem is that I have made changes to an iPart that I have published, but it hasn't updated in the Content Center.

Thanks

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

I can't say why your buttons are greyed out for sure without knowing how you created the test part, but I can say that, from my experience, the ipart you changes will probably have to be re-published.  Whenever possible, make changes to the family table in the Content Center instead of the ipart on your hard drive.  To make that easier, make sure your ipart columns have easily understandable names before you publish, or down the road you won't know what's what when you go to edit the family table.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

To create the test part I drew up the part:

Selected "Publish Part"  and put it in my library

Put it under "Other Parts"

Added the Part Number under the Key Columns

Click "Publish"

Thanks for the tip on editing under the family table instead of the iPart itself.  At this point I would republish the updated iPart but I don't know how to delete the old one, so that's the main problem.

Message 4 of 6
cbenner

In your Content Center editor, look up on the left for Library View.  Make sure this is pointing to your custom library, and does not say "Merged View".  Merged view means you are looking at your custom library AND the Inventor default library... and in that mode it will not let you delete anything.

Once in your own library, you should be able to delte the family... if not, I guess I'm not sure what to suggest.

Good Luck.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Hi, 

Is there also a way to delete the catogory? 

Naamloos.png

Greetings Dennis 

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

if in a custom library view (not standard such as ANSI, and not Merged view), you have a custom category, be sure to delete all the family members first, then you should be able to remove the category.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report