Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Contributor
cmines
Message 1 of 7 (590 Views)

Custom Content Center - boolean user parameter

590 Views, 6 Replies
08-27-2012 01:14 PM

I have added a blank column to a custom content center family table that has a boolean data type.  When I try to map this to a boolean user parameter in the family template using the parameter mapping in the family properties, I get a "Data types mismatch".  In the template this parameter was set to false.  Am I doing something wrong, or is there a trick to getting this mapped correctly?

Thanks!

Employee
jingyi.liu
Message 2 of 7 (580 Views)

Re: Custom Content Center - boolean user parameter

08-27-2012 07:29 PM in reply to: cmines

Could you attach your files here?  It will help to figure out your problem.

Inventor Professional 2015

Jingyi Liu
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk
Contributor
cmines
Message 3 of 7 (562 Views)

08-28-2012 07:14 AM in reply to: cmines

I hope these are the files you need.  Please let me know if they aren't.  I didn't know where the xls file for the custom family is kept, so I just did a save as.   I also noticed the labels for the columns I added were missing, so I took a screen shot of the table in Inventor - where they show up

Thanks for your help!

Employee
jingyi.liu
Message 4 of 7 (545 Views)

08-28-2012 10:06 PM in reply to: cmines

Hi Cmines

The reason you missed the label was due to no column caption.

Through the model and  spreadsheet, I almost see your point, there are several boolean type user parameters, you want to map to it.

you can only map a boolean parameter to feature suppression or working feature visibility.

So far, you can only define a numeric type user parameter in your model, and add a integer/real type in family table to map it.

Jingyi Liu
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk
Contributor
cmines
Message 5 of 7 (535 Views)

08-29-2012 06:01 AM in reply to: cmines

Hi Jingyi Liu,

Thanks for checking in to this.  Just to make sure I understand correctly,  if I have 10 members in a family, for example, that when placed as a standard content center part I need user parameter A to be true and all other members in the family should have user parameter A set to false, it can't be done?  If not, is this a feature that will be added in the future?

Thanks,

Chris

Employee
jingyi.liu
Message 6 of 7 (518 Views)

08-30-2012 08:24 AM in reply to: cmines

Yes, it can't be done so far, you can't map a boolean type parameter in family table to a boolean type user parameter in your content center part. 

As a workaround, you can define a numeric type user parameter (unitless) in part, and define a integer/real parameter in family table and assign its value 0 or 1. 

I will log it as a wish.

Jingyi Liu
Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk
Contributor
cmines
Message 7 of 7 (515 Views)

08-30-2012 08:35 AM in reply to: cmines

Thank you so much for your help and suggestion!  I will give it a try.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!