Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom CC with custom materials migrated - wrong material names

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
AnnaNowak_MuM
238 Views, 0 Replies

Custom CC with custom materials migrated - wrong material names

Hello

I have serious problem with customized Content Center libraries after migration from AI 2010 to AI 2013. Families uses both Inventor standard material (Steel) and custom material (Stal ocynk), that is actually a copy of Steel with just another name.

Before migration of libraries I have created custom material in material libraries (name + assets) to make sure, that during migration right material will be found and assigned properly.

The migration was succesfull - I can insert my customised families, standard and custom materials are assigned properly in Material column in Family table. Unfortunately in BOM and part lists my custom material name is strange - instead of a name I have a very log stream of numbers and letters, what you can see in attachment.

I tried to migrate libraries for several times with different project settings, to be honest I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I removed existing CC parts from CC project folder before tests, to be sure that I am inserting new library parts.

What is strange, when I open a library part in Inventor after inserting it to assembly, in quick access toolbar parts I have Steel,mild material, instead of my custom material 'Stal ocynk'.

Maybe someone had similar problems. Any hints are welcome.

Anna

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report