Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom bubble

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mkoziolek
1273 Views, 5 Replies

Custom bubble

I'm not sure how to approach my issue. What I need to do is have a bubble with two lines that will call out the instrumentation tag number that is different for each instance. As an example I may have 3 different temperature gauges labeled TI-201, TI-202 & TI-301. Can someone please give me the best way to do this in my idw of my overall assembly? I'm currently using Inventor 2011. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: mkoziolek

Manage >> Styles

You can also pick the icon (2011) atthe right of the drop down selection to use a custom bubble

a-002055.png

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 6
dan_inv09

Some had a similar question a few weeks (months?) ago.

Are you okay with manually entering the "tag numbers"? That previous thread had to do with occurrences being renamed (somehow, maybe in the browser bar?) and wanting to get that in the balloon.

Maybe you could scan part of an old drawing that shows exactly what you need it to look like and post it here, and then we can get to the mechanics of it more quickly. (You were supposed to be able do sketched symbols for balloons, so they can really look like just about anything you like - I haven't tried, and who knows what functionality has been lost through the years and/or may have been underdeveloped to begin with.)

Message 4 of 6
mkoziolek
in reply to: dan_inv09

Yes I can manually enter the numbering system. I've tried using the sketched symbols but they are all the same and I was unable to have an annotative function. I was only able to create a unique symbol for every instrument which took more time than it is worth.

I'VE ATTACHED A DWF.  The Iso view shows a typical balloon along with a symbol bubble but i have to have a unique one for every instrument, not practical to do so.

Thank you

Message 5 of 6
dan_inv09

When putting the text in your sketched symbol, in the "Type" pulldown select "Prompted Entry" then type in a name, something like, "top line" and "bottom line" Then when you place the sketched symbol a window will pop up allowing you to fill it in.

You could have a parameter in your gauges that could fill in the top line for you. Use "Type" "Properties - Model" but it looks like you have to use one of the existing iProperties, just pick one you don't need and fill it in on you models, then you could place the symbol and it would automatically give you "TI" in the top row (and assuming I interpret your naming system correctly, for a pressure gauge "PI" etc.) and you'd be prompted to fill in the tag number.

(I thought you were supposed to be able to define balloons using sketched symbols, I see where you can do it when you edit the balloon but why wouldn't they make it so you could have it as a style?!?)

Message 6 of 6
mkoziolek

Thank you for your assistance. I can work with this

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums