Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Appearance Library Colors randomly quit working

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
vvoguys
290 Views, 1 Reply

Custom Appearance Library Colors randomly quit working

Hi,

We are have been using Inventor to draw wooden furniture for a couple years, and have a custom appearance library with several different finishes (using photos of actual finished pieces of wood). Every now and then a part (ipt) takes a notion to not change to the color we set it to, seemingly without ryhme or reason. This mostly occurs with mirrored parts, but occasionally a standard (not mirrored part) will do this as well. Would anyone have an idea what is going on here, are we not doing something right, or is this a bug in Inventor?

We have done all the obvious things, and some not so obvious. The path to the photos and the library is added to the project, and I opened the Appearance Browser and checked to make sure appearance knows where to find its bmp file, and it still doesn't do it to change color. And yes, I tried restarting my computer, because a couple days ago I was working with the Appearance Browser, and sometimes restarting Inventor made a difference in whether certain things worked or didn't work. This is also not limited to one computer, it acts like this on all of our computers.

We are using some png files and some bmp picture files. Would the file format maybe have something to do with it ? ?

Thanks in advance,

vvoguys

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

Can you confirm which version of Inventor you are running. If its 2013, please make sure to install Update 1 as it fixed some of the issue around Materials and Appearences.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19656800&linkID=9242019

Also check this hotfix,

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19236676&linkID=9242019

Hope it helps.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums