Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved section cut drawing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4214 Views, 5 Replies

Curved section cut drawing

How do you create a curved/circular section view in Inventor drawing similar to the one below?

The section sketch doesn't seem to recognize curved lines.

Thanks in advance.

curved-section.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
admaiora
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi John,

no you can't.

You have to do it with linear section lines.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 6
wimann

Can't do it. But, in all honesty, in that section view example you showed, the resulting section view looks as though it were cut linearly anyway. Then the line was just sketched as a curve. Addtionally, a linear section could give you all of the same information except for the half-circle slots on the sides of the part.

But yeah, as I mentioned, the section view you show, suggests that the section line were linear to the part.

Just sayin. 

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: wimann

I have a curved slot with varing depth. The only way I can think to show this is with a curved section view.

Message 5 of 6
RodrigoEiras

Maybe this is a different approach, but I think the best way to give the information about those internal holes would be to section though the part thickness as shown below. In my opinion your current section A,A is not giving so much useful information.

Section AA proposal.JPG

Message 6 of 6
coopws1
in reply to: RodrigoEiras

You can create a sketch that includes curved parts and just right click on the sketch to create the section view. That sketch must only contain 1 continuous "line" (it can have curved parts and turns). 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report