Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curve Roll

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
470 Views, 4 Replies

Curve Roll

Hey, I'm trying to create a path on a cylinder (that I figured out) and a curve wheel should follow this path. The problem is if you check the the extruded faces, they are bend to one each other instead of being perpundicilar. So my wheel can't move through it. How should i fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Cylindrical Cam.png

Did the Cylindrical Cam generator exist in r2012 (must be in assembly environment)?

or

Sweep with Guide Surface

or

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/Inventor%20Tutorials/Inventor%2011%20Tutorial%2011.pdf

Also, the sketches for your holes are not fully constrained (add horizontal or vertical construction line) and I recommend that you do not bottom tap holes (taps likely to break when hitting bottom filled with chips).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
WHolzwarth
in reply to: Anonymous

This should be ok. Emboss always ends up with bad results for tasks like that.

You can check the path of the roll by changing parameter d111 (10 deg, 20 deg, 30 deg ..)

EOP needs to be rolled down. File is 2014. I could do it once more in 2012, if needed.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
WHolzwarth
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Now in 2012. Here d116 needs to be changed for different roll positions.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Thanks for the reply's that should do it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report