Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curvature Lofting - IV6 and my blood pressure

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
123 Views, 2 Replies

Curvature Lofting - IV6 and my blood pressure

I'm trying to draw a centrifugal pump volute in IV6 (latest) and I keep getting a "lumpy curvature, no matter what I do. How can I create a smooth curvature loft using IV6? I've posted a simple example (not a volute) in the CF as if that can be done smooth, I'm sure I can extrapolate to the "real" volute cross sections. Even when I create a circular rail (read: perfect circle), it doesn't seem to elminate the "lumps". Please help.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You need a few rail curves to make sure it is
smooth.

I put the file in the CF.

Vadim

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I'm
trying to draw a centrifugal pump volute in IV6 (latest) and I keep getting a
"lumpy curvature, no matter what I do. How can I create a smooth curvature
loft using IV6? I've posted a simple example (not a volute) in the CF as if
that can be done smooth, I'm sure I can extrapolate to the "real" volute cross
sections. Even when I create a circular rail (read: perfect circle), it
doesn't seem to elminate the "lumps". Please help.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Vadim:

Thanks for the input. I've redrawn it several times, but only get errors, no matter how many rails I try. I've posted a bmp image of the volute with out rails in the CF. You can see the rails I've tried and where they vary versus the computer's loft path. It wouldn't be so damn bad if I could project the edge (ID in the bmp) of the lofted surface, but when I do, the program locks up. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report