Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross Section Contour Plot

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jacopo.gili
265 Views, 2 Replies

Cross Section Contour Plot

Hi everyone,

Anyone knows why when i try to make a cross section (using: view>appereance>half section view or quarter or three quarter) of a solution i cant see the internal elements? I see the structure empty as if it was meshed with shell elements instead.

I added an example of a "brinnel test like" contact model that i am trying to solve in order to understand better the software.

Best,

Jacopo.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
swalton
in reply to: jacopo.gili

FEA in Inventor Pro does not show any results in a cross section.  I suspect that it is a market segmentation decision by Autodesk.

Based on other your questions, you might find that the AutoDesk Sim Mechanical or the NASTRAN package suits your needs better. 

If you don't have access to either of those packages, you can add an assembly cut to your model and use a frictionless constraint on the cut surfaces.  Run your cut simulation with 1/2 the load of the full simulation.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 3
jacopo.gili
in reply to: jacopo.gili

Thanks for the quick and exhaustive answer!

Best,

Jacopo.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums