Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosby Shackle - Hoe To Draw One!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
893 Views, 1 Reply

Crosby Shackle - Hoe To Draw One!!

Hi!

Reasonably inexperienced Inventor User.

Have been attempting to draw a Crosby Shackle for some time now, as a side interest, and despite numerous attempts, have failed with flying colours!!

I have tried to create a loft, using varying sections to illustrate the variation in the 'ring' section.

I have tried creating the shackle as a rectangular extrusion, adding radii along the way, but the blend needed on the radii seemed to complex and would not compute?????

Does anyone have a completed example that I may analyse and learn from.

Once I have mastered this, I will attempt to convert it into an ipart for library purposes.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

Steph.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You should find one here...drawn by the infamous Quinn Zander. 8^) http://www.cbliss.com/inventor/Parts/Hardware/Hardware.htm -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "smudge250277" wrote in message news:3893419.1077033732475.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi! > > Reasonably inexperienced Inventor User. > > Have been attempting to draw a Crosby Shackle for some time now, as a side interest, and despite numerous attempts, have failed with flying colours!! > > I have tried to create a loft, using varying sections to illustrate the variation in the 'ring' section. > > I have tried creating the shackle as a rectangular extrusion, adding radii along the way, but the blend needed on the radii seemed to complex and would not compute????? > > Does anyone have a completed example that I may analyse and learn from. > > Once I have mastered this, I will attempt to convert it into an ipart for library purposes. > > Any advice would be gratefully received. > > Many thanks in advance. > > Steph.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report