Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating transition part and equal distance help

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
olabaz
440 Views, 10 Replies

Creating transition part and equal distance help

Hi, I am new to Inventor 2014 and I am trying to do two things.  First I would like to connect the Cylindrical part to the Washer part. If you notice there is a hole between them and I want a 2 dimensional circle to connect the two only at the part where they meet. (Picture 1)

Secondly I am trying to make these two circles be the same distance from eachother as the first two circles. What I did was make the sketch and then emboss/engrave it onto the cylinder. I tried calculating circumference and solving it mathematically what length the lines should have but it's not giving me the expected results. (Picture 2)

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
CCarreiras
in reply to: olabaz

HI!

First, you want to connect the cylinder to the washer, but... Without Thickness!! ??

Second, are you sure that you want the holes like that (Internally they are kind of "oval")

Also, it's better have the sketch constrained.

Answer me, and then i can direct you for a better aproach.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
olabaz
in reply to: CCarreiras

Yeah,, that seems to be the problem. Perhaps I should just add a thin layer.
Hmm, they're not supposed to be oval, they should be circular.
Message 4 of 11
CCarreiras

Hi!

Ok... give a minute...

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
CCarreiras

HI!

Ok, take a look, try to understand the concept and, any question, go ahead.

Verify the dimensions.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
olabaz

Ok, you did it for me but I have no idea what you did.

What is the Revolution 2 for? What is a circular pattern and how did you make one? And again what is rectangular pattern and how did you make it?
Message 7 of 11
CCarreiras

Hi!

So, you don't know too much about Inventor. I'll try to help.

• Revolve is like a extrusion, but a "circular extrusion". So sometimes is used to make these kind of holes, but you can use also linear extrusion.
  • The circular pattern repeat the feature in a circular pattern. This  way I ensure the holes are at the same distance in both sides.
  • The other pattern the same, but in linear direction.

Do you want that i made a video showing how to crete this part?

You have to learn more, make some tutorials, you can find them in Inventor Help.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
JDMather

I have no real idea of your true design intent - but here is an alternative example.  (are you working from a book or some other reference?)

It is all in the feature history tree.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 9 of 11
olabaz

Ok I was able to figure it out with by referencing your work and a lot of trial and error. Thanks for the help.

This is not from a book, this is from an object I am trying to recreate.

Message 10 of 11
coreyparks

Being you appear to be missing even the simplest concepts and teminology you might want to go through some of the tutorials and the getting started section to become more familiar with the software.

Help Topics.PNG

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 11 of 11
wimann

In case you should like to see yet another approach.

🙂

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report