Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating pipes in assemblies

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sam__gleeson
255 Views, 4 Replies

creating pipes in assemblies

What is the way to create individual pipes while in an assembly?I am not using Tube'n'Pipe but will create the pipes individually with .ipt part files while in assembly.Depending on the part shape when the parts are placed in an assembly the parts maybe are say constrained 1000mm apart but when i measure the distance a pipe may be required at a length of 585.256658987mm distance.When the parts are constrained together they used a distance of 0 decimal places (example 1000mm or 695mm etc) so i imagine that it is not always possible to create pipes that also have a 0 decimal places (585mm instead of 585.256658987mm)....i just change the Document setting - Units Precision to 0 decimal places for dimensions in sketches......Is this normal?

Would it be that it is not always possible to create all parts that fit with a distance that has a 0 decimal place?

Also what is the way to create the distance for the pipe in assembly - do you use Adaptivity for the sketches which gives the correct distance....i am not that fimiliar with this technique so is it a stable method?

Regards

Sam

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: sam__gleeson

Start a new part in the context of the assembly.

Project Geometry from the start point connection and the end point connection. (Adaptive)

I posted an step-by-step example (wire rather than pipe) a month or so ago.

A search might turn up the thread. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
sam__gleeson
in reply to: JDMather

I will do a search for the wire.I assume while using adaptive that lengths will be high decimal places such as 585.26623568mm etc..etc..i gather this is normal?

Is there any issues associated with Adaptive modelling?

Thank you,Sam

Message 4 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: sam__gleeson

You can make as precise or as imprecise as you like.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-general-discussion/add-a-electrical-wire-in-assembly/m-p/5294...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
sam__gleeson
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks.I will look at this process to create a pipe in assembly

Sam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report