Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

jamesdowner
Message 1 of 3 (1,534 Views)

Creating own tube and pipe style

1534 Views, 2 Replies
10-10-2012 04:22 AM

Hi,

Currently running inventor 2013 premium still on the free trial until it runs out and i register it.

I am trying to create my own tube and pipe style for a 22mm copper heating pipe run.

I have been through and created the parts and successfully published them into a user contents library.

I start a new tube and pipe run in an assembly. then go manage>tube and pipe styles

I then hit 'New' i fuill out the details, select my pipe, bend and coupler...everything seems ok, i hit save.

it doesnt appear in the styles selection menu to the left (where it should and did on the tutorial) and whats more when i try and exit or do anything else the 'Save Edits?' warning comes up (clicking save doesnt help)

This is the second tube and piping run in this assy. but is a whole new run rather than route.

Any ideas?

is it a bug? or lack of privelages?

regards

James

Active Contributor
sbromley
Message 2 of 3 (1,503 Views)

Re: Creating own tube and pipe style

10-22-2012 08:00 AM in reply to: jamesdowner

I have a similar problem.

I copy a pipestyle using "Content Center Editor" and rename it. Then alter the material and save it.

I then create a new pipe style using "Tube & Pipe Styles". However, when I double click "Pipe" to add the new style there is no plus symbol next to the new style and I'm unable to choose it.

If I go through the same process for an elbow then all is well. Just for pipes.

Inventor 2013
*Expert Elite*
cwhetten
Message 3 of 3 (1,497 Views)

Re: Creating own tube and pipe style

10-22-2012 09:42 AM in reply to: jamesdowner

James--

I had some similar issues when I was first learning to set up the Tube & Pipe module.  I have attached a document that details some of these issues and what I did to fix (or work around) them.  It sounds like the trouble you are experiencing is similar to what I described in part 1 of the document.

Hopefully this helps.

sbromley--

It sounds like you are having a different issue, so you really should have started a new thread.  But check the filters in the selection dialog.  You may have a filter that is excluding your copied pipe style.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.