Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating hoses

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dane_m_steyne
408 Views, 6 Replies

creating hoses

I require some help in making realistic rubber hoses.The length will be up to 10m.I have not made a hose before and the only way i could think was to use points and 3D sketch Spline to get a realistic shape.Am i on the correct path or how would you create a realistic 3" hose?

I made a short hose as i did not want to waste time in case i was doing this wrong

I would most likely also to create in an assembly of parts already assembled.How would i create the hose in an assembly file.

DMS

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: dane_m_steyne

I suspect you might be doing too much work. http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/Inventor%20Tutorials/Inventor%2011%20Tutorial%207.pdf If I were creating in the context of an assembly I would start an new component in the assembly and Project Geometry an edge or point for beginning and ends and then do some simple workpoints for the spline curve. If you have Inventor Professional - there are additional Routed Systems tools to speed up the process, but if you don't do a lot of this type of work it is probably not worth the effort to learn the Routed Systems tools. If you have trouble figuring out how to do this in an assembly - attach an assembly with two parts you want to connect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 7

Thanks 

I have 2 parts in an assembly file as you offered.Would you show me how you would create a realistic hose (bends etc..etc..) in an assembly file?

Thanking you

DMS

INV2013-INV2014

Message 4 of 7

Will someone show me an example..thank you

Message 5 of 7
JDMather

Here is an example (created in r2014).

To edit

right click on the hose and select Edit (not Open).

Move your mouse over the Workpoints in the browser to see their location.

Move Point.png

Right click one of the Workpoints (other than point #1)  and select Move/Rotate.

You can now click and drag along x y or z.

Instead of grounded workpoints - Points within the assembly could also be used.

I did not do this exactly as I intended and will post a better example later.

Also, if  you have Inventor Professional - this is much easier with Routed Systems.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
dane_m_steyne
in reply to: JDMather

Nice example.Thank you

I look forward to your better example

Thanks again

Message 7 of 7
blair

I would be using the "Flexible" function within the Tube & Pipe Module myself unless you had a specific reason not to.  This is a quick hose layout I did in about 5 minutes.AML5002H-HL-Moun_Wetkitt.jpg

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report