Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating finish/texture for flexible braided shunt

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
afarmer
1517 Views, 7 Replies

Creating finish/texture for flexible braided shunt

I'm trying to create a flexible braided shunt in Inventor. My approach was to model it as a solid bar in the shape I want to show and then add a texture or finish to make it appear correct. The closest I can find to its apperance in the Autodesk libraries is carbon fiber. I would appreciate any guidance towards a better solution.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mcgyvr
in reply to: afarmer

@afarmer wrote:

I'm trying to create a flexible braided shunt in Inventor. My approach was to model it as a solid bar in the shape I want to show and then add a texture or finish to make it appear correct. The closest I can find to its apperance in the Autodesk libraries is carbon fiber. I would appreciate any guidance towards a better solution.

learn to add textures/color styles.. There are numerous tutorials on youtube.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 8
afarmer
in reply to: mcgyvr

As I mentioned, I was able to add a carbon fiber appearance to the part but I'd like something better and I can't find anything in the Autodesk libraries. What are my other options?
Message 4 of 8
mcgyvr

@afarmer wrote:
As I mentioned, I was able to add a carbon fiber appearance to the part but I'd like something better and I can't find anything in the Autodesk libraries. What are my other options?

as I mentioned, you CAN add "new" colors/materials/textures to the libraries or customize the current ones..

You can even create brand new libraries..

Start your "training" here

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2014/ENU/?guid=GUID-8EDAC525-826A-41F0-A3B5-D51189B9080E

It would also help to state which version of Inventor you are using as the way materials/colors are handled has changed in the recent years..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Message 5 of 8
afarmer

Anyone have suggestions on where I can find other libraries or textures?

Also using Inventor 2014

Message 6 of 8
mcgyvr

For texture images..

I find Google images works just fine with a little editing if needed. or just use the picture you took of the ground strap.. It can be edited to work as a perfect texture (rotate/crop,etc..)

Message 7 of 8
mcgyvr

@mcgyvr wrote:

For texture images..

I find Google images works just fine with a little editing if needed. or just use the picture you took of the ground strap.. It can be edited to work as a perfect texture (rotate/crop,etc..)

Like this.. attached

thats your image BTW.. I just rotated/cropped it

Message 8 of 8
afarmer

Now I just need you to crop it so that the tiles line up. Just kidding...

Thanks for the help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report