Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Custom Drawing Template - Sketched Table Doesn't Show in Drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
308 Views, 2 Replies

Creating Custom Drawing Template - Sketched Table Doesn't Show in Drawing

Hello, first post to the forum but been using Inventor at a basic level for several years now.

I just started a job with a new company and I need to create a custom drawing template for our use.  My template has three main elements, a custom title block (which I have comleted and is working fine), a part number table (which is complete), and a tolerance block.

The part number table was created using the general table creator.  The tolerance block was a sketch in another drawing sent to me by a colleague.  I copied the sketch and pasted it into the blank drawing I was using to create the template.  I then saved the blank drawing as a template and it shows up in my list of available templates when I start a new drawing.

Here's the problem:  When I start a new drawing using my template, the tolerance block doesn't show up in the drawing.  It's strange because if I just open the template itself, the sketched tolerance block is there.  Can anybody explain why this is happening?  What am I missing?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhasell
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi

Convert the Tolerance block to a sketched symbol and then save the template.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: rhasell

Hi, thanks for the reply.  Before I got your reply, however, I scrapped that approach and instead I edited the title block definition to include the tolerance block.  The tolerance block is now part of the title block sketch but I am having the same problem.  If I open the template on its own as a drawing, the modified title block is there.  If I use it as a new drawing template, the unmodified title block is shown.  Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Drew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report