Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a standard two part mold (help needed)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aromis
379 Views, 1 Reply

creating a standard two part mold (help needed)

I am able to create parts and components in inventor without a problem quite easily but i have a problem creating a two part mold

i have found several tutorials and 2 pdf documents via google on how to create a mold from already pre exisiting compents like those i have made

the technical term they used to describe the process is to create a derived part

but alas these documents and videos, are incomplete or incorrct vital parts or instructions on the step by step are missing or not mentioned as such i can never do it

I even asked several lecturers at my college and none have any idea on how to do this or any mold process

can someone please please create a step by step, dummies guide on how to do this

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: aromis

@aromis wrote:

I even asked several lecturers at my college and none have any idea on how to do this or any mold process

You are obviously attending the wrong school    Smiley Sad
the easy way
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/Inventor%20Tutorials/Inventor%202011%20Tutorial%2014.pdf
the old (hard) way
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/Inventor%20Tutorials/Inventor%2011%20Tutorial%206.pdf
When you run into trouble - attach your file(s) here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report