Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a series of connectors

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
387 Views, 4 Replies

Creating a series of connectors

Hi everyone,

I want to build a connector library in Inventor. So I choose to start with the 8STA motorsport connectors.

I build the connector based on parameters and created an iPart. So far so good.

Connector1.PNG

But now that I wanted to set the pins in holes in the connector (up to 100 per connector) I came up with the problem that the number of holes can be controlled by a parameter, but the pins can't.

Connector2.PNG

Is it possible to use iLogic to solve this kind of problem? I managed to link the "change-of-parameter"-event to an iLogic rule but I have not the slightest idea how the rule has to look like.
I just want a pin in every hole of the circular array.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Greetings from Bayreuth,

Max

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pcrawley
in reply to: Anonymous

Nicely presented question!

When you pattern the holes, could you include the workpoint and the hole to achieve what you are after?  (I'm assuming the workpoints are features of the green part.)

Peter
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pcrawley

Hey,

thanks for the reply.

I already tried this, but the workpoints as you assume them to be are in fact functional pins for the Inventor wiring harness creation environment. By using the pattern tool to both, the hole and the pin, the pins in the pattern result are just working points and not useful anymore for the creation of a wiring harness.

Message 4 of 5
pcrawley

I can see how to do this using iLogic and creating multiple unique Work Points, but not Electrical pins sorry.

Peter
Message 5 of 5
mrattray

Welcome to the forums!

You might want to post in the Inventor Customization forum, the programming gurus all hang out over there and might be able to provide you with an answer.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report