Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a New Title Block

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
gphillips
397 Views, 8 Replies

Creating a New Title Block

I am trying to create a New Title block that I can use on all my new drawings. I created a title block and saved it. It appeared in the Drawing Resources in the Browser. But when I closed the drawing and opened a new drawing I cannot find the saved title block to insert it. Do I need to create the title block again and save it a different way or how can I insert the title block that I already created.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
stuntdevil
in reply to: gphillips

When you click on 'New' it opens a blank document based on a template. You would need to edit that template with your new title block so it can be available for new drawings in the future.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Copy and paste the title block from the file you saved it in into your
actual template file.

wrote in message news:5854739@discussion.autodesk.com...
I am trying to create a New Title block that I can use on all my new
drawings. I created a title block and saved it. It appeared in the Drawing
Resources in the Browser. But when I closed the drawing and opened a new
drawing I cannot find the saved title block to insert it. Do I need to
create the title block again and save it a different way or how can I insert
the title block that I already created.
Message 4 of 9
gphillips

how do you edit the template and add my title block to it.
Message 5 of 9
gphillips

Another question relating to the title block. trying to add text to the title block. I can add the text, but I don't understand how to add automatic text. Example: Author or date created.
Message 6 of 9
gphillips

I'm Sorry, I think I figured it out. I didn't know that the button with the X and arrow placed the text in the box below. Is that how to correctly do it.
Message 7 of 9
gphillips

What I have been able to figure out is: I save the new drawing into the template folder so that I can use it. But couldn't figure out how to switch to the new template. So I renamed my standard template to standard old and the new template to standard. Now when I open a new drawing it brings up the new template. Is that the correct procedure, or is there a correct way to switch to the new template.
Message 8 of 9
stuntdevil

Yes that's how you do it.
Message 9 of 9
msklein

Check out Sean Dotson's site he has a very good tutorial on title block creation. I didn't use it as it came out after i had lurned how the long and hard way, but have read it over.
"http://www.sdotson.com/tutorials.asp"
msk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report