Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating 2D Shop Drawings

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
anvileng
614 Views, 0 Replies

Creating 2D Shop Drawings

The steel assemblies we make usually consist of < 10 members, some of which have holes, are cut at angles, or are coped to match pipes, tube etc... Each member with an operation, say a drilled hole, requires a shop detail locating the hole. I am trying to come up with a way using Inventor Professional 2011 to do this linked to an excel file.

I've created a standard 3D part with hole locating parameters linked to an excel file and this works beautifully in generating a 3D model. I've created drawing views and annotated them with the dimensions I want and these dimensions update every time the excel sheet updates, which is great. The problem I am having is the drawing is always trying to regenerate itself to scale. These shop details need to be on an A size sheet whether the piece of steel is 10 or 100 inches long. I need to find a way to make a generic template where only the dimensions on the drawing change. 

Ideally, I could skip the 3D part step altogether and go straight to the shop drawing, but I would rather not have to do some VBA if there is an easier way.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report