Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create surface for fix constraint in FEA possible?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
511 Views, 2 Replies

create surface for fix constraint in FEA possible?

Hi All,

I've seen a couple of posts like this here for different problems and end up not working because of Inventor's capabilities. However maybe it does work in this situation? anyway just making sure.

In the gear below, the ring encompassed between the purple and yellow circle (both in the same sketch) represent an area where the gear will have support, so these surface is 'fixed' as it rotates in the sense that it cannot bend in axial direction. I want to create a surface out of this ring so that I can fix this using the fixed constraint in Inventor's FEA. I've tried patching but it is not recognized in FEA. Extruding as a surface extrudes a cylinder out of only one circle, so not the surface I need. 

I can only apply this constraint to the area shaded in red, which is a surface that resulted from extrution, however this would innacurately represent the mechanism I have because not all this surface have supports.

gear.PNG

Any ideas? Again, I think it's not possible from what I have read, but just checking.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Split the face with the purple circle.

Attach your file here if you can't figure it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

thanks! got it working

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report