Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Style from Parts List

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ben_neb43
538 Views, 4 Replies

Create Style from Parts List

Couldn't find it anywhere but, Is it possible to create a drawing parts-list style from a built parts-list in the drawing? Anyone done this?

Cheers for any responses!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: ben_neb43

I'm not really sure what you are asking.. Can you provide more details..maybe some screenshots?

I "think" this is what you are asking for though...

If you have a parts list style that you modified in a drawing and you now wish for that to become your "default" then it "could" be as simple as saving that to the style library via the "save" button in the "styles and standard" section of the "manage" tab

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5

Hi ben_neb43,

I'm a bit unclear about the question as well, but if you're asking about taking a placed, "on-sheet" Parts List that you have edited and applied overrides to (for instance, you've used the Column Chooser to add a new column, etc.), and making that a new Parts List Style, just by pushing a button or selection an option, I do not thing that can be done.

Instead you'll need to create a new Parts List Style and apply those same changes to the new style (or to an existing style). You can right-click on the Parts List and choose Edit Parts List Style to step right into the specific style that you started with before the overrides were applied to the placed Parts List. But then you'd need to make the changes to the style to match the overides.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 4 of 5

Thankyou both for your replies,

Sorry, I was a bit unclear about my question. I was just wondering if it was possible to take a parts list that had been altered on a drawing by, column widths, headings, column chooser etc. and base a style off it.

The reason being that it's a bit awkard and annoying to modify the parts list style in the styles editor, by changing column widths, columns etc. Is there a way to edit the parts-list in the drawing and create the style from it? perhaps using VB or ilogic?

thanks again,

Ben

Message 5 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: ben_neb43

Gotcha now..

So yes what Curtis said is true.

I'd get used to working with the style editor though.. Its a big part of Inventor and if you aren't familiar with it you should learn now..

I find it very simple to work with.. But I forced myself to play around quite a bit when I first got Inventor because I knew it was important.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report