Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create pdf faster

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
chriswillis5914
543 Views, 9 Replies

create pdf faster

Hello
I have been looking at posts on automating pdf creation but have seen a lot with programming / VB involved but would like to avoid that if possible. I have also seen one's on batch processing but would like to do them as needed / completed.

I am trying to somewhat automate the pdf creation process.  Having them save to a specific spot / folder and having them 'plot' the same view to the pdf would be very beneficial that way we dont have to select print, print  to pdf, print this view with these details, save to this folder location. etc.

I look forward to your suggestions.

Thank you

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jletcher
in reply to: chriswillis5914

There is a snippit code for ilogic that will do what you ask. I wish I could post the link but I am having some issues. but you can do a search and it will pop up..

Message 3 of 10
jletcher
Message 4 of 10
mrattray
in reply to: jletcher

Your going to have to use some sort of programing for this. Asking to automate something without coding is like saying "I want to create a drawing without having to draw anything".

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 10
jdkriek
in reply to: mrattray

That made me chuckle Matt. Smiley LOL

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 6 of 10
chriswillis5914
in reply to: jletcher

I am using inventor though, not ilogic. Can you clarify please

Message 7 of 10
mrattray

iLogic is a feature of Inventor. I suggest you look for some tutorials on the subject. I know AutoDesk University has some good instructional videos, and of course the standard Inventor tutorial package is sure to have some.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 8 of 10

The most you can automate without programming would be to install Bullzip PDF printer and configure it not to prompt. I use it for lots of programs to create PDFs that go into a specific folder.

P. Andrew White, P.Eng
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Silent-Aire Manufacturing
Message 9 of 10

Check out 'swift prints':

http://cadsetterout.com/reviews/swift-prints-2-0-for-autodesk-inventor/

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 10 of 10

bullzip seems to offer no benefit over adobe and starts out with the <smart title> which includes the entire file path in the name.  I watched a few tutorials online about it. am i missing something?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums