Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Orthogonal Drawings from 3D models

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
spaceman
551 Views, 5 Replies

Create Orthogonal Drawings from 3D models

Hi there,

Just wondering if there is a way to obtain a standard 3-view orthogonal drawing from a 3d model I have created? Ideally I would like to be able to export a 2d line drawing to AutoCAD. How would I go about this?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: spaceman

Just use the model in a new IDW (Drawing) file. Use the BASE VIEW command to place the first view and projections for the rest. -- Rui "spaceman" wrote in message news:21824792.1086616445289.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > Hi there, > > Just wondering if there is a way to obtain a standard 3-view orthogonal drawing from a 3d model I have created? Ideally I would like to be able to export a 2d line drawing to AutoCAD. How would I go about this? > > Thanks
Message 3 of 6
RUBE

Dude take a class
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

You can set it up to create your views with just a couple of clicks.
Check the help screen for idw
Message 5 of 6
spaceman

Thanks guys. New to Inventor and didn't realise I could import models to .idw (thought I could only "draw" in 2D).

I'll go and do the tutorial in the help file now that I know it is applicable.
Message 6 of 6
spaceman

Sorry to waste your time "dude" (edited)<- I meant that in the nicest possible way.

I AM taking a course. Unfortunately the course is in AutoCAD. The lecturer realises that for some 3D models we may need to use other programs (for tools like lofting) and allows this. Unfortunately he can't tutor us in the other programs should we choose to utilise them. I chose to use the discussion group (on the off chance that somebody might answer) because I'd spent half an hour searching in the help files to no avail and it seemed like such an elementary problem that I didn't want to waste any more time on it.

You could have just written "idw" instead of that remark. (edited)
Message was edited by: AnneBrown

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report