Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an angled hole in assembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
253 Views, 1 Reply

Create an angled hole in assembly

Hi!
Im new in Inventor and I have a problem with creating a hole through two parts beacause they are a bit angled. 
Im creating the holes part by part and Im using the work point method.
But unfortunately this is the result:  
Bild1.png

Im wondering if there is any other methods so I can get the holes coinciding?

Thanks!  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Question 1.  When will then hole features be created in the real world, at the part level before assembly of the parts or after assembly?

Usual process - create hole in one part at the part level (usually with a sketch Center Point located Hole feature).

Then edit the second part within the context of the assembly and Project Geometry for hole location in second part to match first part.  This creates an Adaptive feature which might not be best for a beginner.  The alternative is to edit the second part and locate a non-adaptive hole.

Another option would be to use multi-body solids techniques and push out the individual solids when done.

Another option would be to use Derived Component techniques.

Another option would be to edit one part in context of assembly and Copy Object....

Another option might be a "match machining" operation where  the holes are created at the assembly level.

In some cases using the Bolted Connection Design Accelerator would be the best option, but doesn't sound like that is the case here.

My guess is that your best bet is to attach the files here for suggestions.  Inventor is a professional program and deserves (requires?) a professonal level of prepartion.  The design intent is critical to choosing the best technique.  I almost never use the Work Point method of placing hole features.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report