Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creat work point in assembly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
skyngu
3302 Views, 7 Replies

creat work point in assembly

hi,

how can i creat a work point in assembly and have constrain with other parts? now, i have to creat a new UCS as a working point. is there any other ways beside that?

inventor 2010 with window xp

thanks

Autodesk Inventor Professional 2019
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sysh
in reply to: skyngu

Now, in assembly, it can place a work point on Vertex, Midpoint, Intersection of Three Planes, Intersection of Two Lines and Center Points of Torus.  And when you place a work point, it will add the corresponding constraints automatically.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 8
skyngu
in reply to: sysh

thanks for your suggestions.

but i dont need a work point on any parts or intersections. the work point will be on XY, XZ or YZ plate and has a relationship with origin. can i do that?

Message 4 of 8
Dennis_Jeffrey

Yes.

If you are placing workpoints on a 2D face, then create a sketch and place/dimension sketch points from the origin (for XY location). Then exit the sketch and place workpoints on the sketch points.

If you are placing workpoints in 3D, you will need to first create a 3D sketch. Then place 3D Sketch points with Inventor Precise Input (See below)

When sketch points have been created, exit the 3D sketch andplace workpoints on the sketchpoints.

Tekni002069.png

Tekni002070.png

jcneal wrote:

thanks for your suggestions.

but i dont need a work point on any parts or intersections. the work point will be on XY, XZ or YZ plate and has a relationship with origin. can i do that?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 5 of 8
skyngu
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

is this in assembly mode? because i need to constrain this workpoint to something else.

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

@jcneal wrote:

is this in assembly mode? because i need to constrain this workpoint to something else.

Dennis didn't read the problem description carefully.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 8
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: JDMather

Sorry, JD, but I did read this correctly.

1. You must have some sort of geometry in an iam , (including existing work features) in order to create work points.

2. If creation of workpoints in specific locations by XYZ coordinates, you will need a skeleton part. ( I did not mention that in my response - sorry). I assumed that if I mentioned 3D sketches and 2D sketches, that using a skeleton part would be part of the process (again, sorry.)

000120.PNG

3. The advice I gave is conditioned on having a skeleton part in the assembly.

What would be your advice on doing this differently?

JDMather wrote:

Dennis didn't read the problem description carefully.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 8 of 8
skyngu

there is one way to do it.

1. Create a work point at origin.

2. On the browser, can see three constrains under work points.

3. Change mate distance accordingly

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report