Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crashing and disappearing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
91 Views, 5 Replies

crashing and disappearing

I just installed Autodesk 9 and I'm having all kinds of crashing problems. I have a NVIDIA Quadro4 900 XGL card so I don't think that's the problem. It opens well, but as soon as I try a tutorial or an .iam, the whole program disappears. I can sketch but when I finish and try to make a hole, it disappears again. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do a search on MDAC in the NG. It might help. K Johnson
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Have you got Excel installed on your computer and have you run it a least once? It's needed for Threads.xls -- Cheers, Rob Singlehurst Quadro4 750XGL 44.03 Athlon XP 2600+ 1G RAM Win2K SP4 IV9 SP1 "d7roberts" wrote in message news:395988.1100126395787.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I just installed Autodesk 9 and I'm having all kinds of crashing problems. I have a NVIDIA Quadro4 900 XGL card so I don't think that's the problem. It opens well, but as soon as I try a tutorial or an .iam, the whole program disappears. I can sketch but when I finish and try to make a hole, it disappears again. Any ideas?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Have you also applied Service Pack 1 and the available Hotfixes?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Also get rid of Windows XP-SP2 this is the main cause of all the problems, and shut off any virus software. Jerry Chasek "Rob Singlehurst" wrote in message news:41935f7c$1_1@newsprd01... > Have you got Excel installed on your computer and have you run it a least > once? It's needed for Threads.xls > > -- > Cheers, > > Rob Singlehurst > > Quadro4 750XGL 44.03 > Athlon XP 2600+ > 1G RAM > Win2K SP4 > IV9 SP1 > "d7roberts" wrote in message > news:395988.1100126395787.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > I just installed Autodesk 9 and I'm having all kinds of crashing problems. > I have a NVIDIA Quadro4 900 XGL card so I don't think that's the problem. > It opens well, but as soon as I try a tutorial or an .iam, the whole program > disappears. I can sketch but when I finish and try to make a hole, it > disappears again. Any ideas? > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks for all the help. The problem turned out to be that my system was too updated... inventor didn't work with the new drivers so I installed the old driver I found under Help -> Graphics Drivers listed for my card. Hopefully this will help someone else!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report