Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crashes when saving.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
122 Views, 3 Replies

crashes when saving.

Can any one help, I keep getting system crashes when saving files, Looks like a memory problem but have. 1500mb swapfile, 500mb ram, win2k and only ea few windows open at one time. The problem seems alot worse since loading ver 7.
regards Psion
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you saving over a network? If so what happens if you try to save the file locally to your HD? Does it happen on all files?

MechMan
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

It started happening for me in R7, happens less in
R7.1, no solution yet.

Anthony

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Can
any one help, I keep getting system crashes when saving files, Looks like a
memory problem but have. 1500mb swapfile, 500mb ram, win2k and only ea few
windows open at one time. The problem seems alot worse since loading ver 7.

regards Psion
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

i've seen inventor crash on a save when the shared enviroment is used.the shared enviroment keeps all files on the network. This usually results from poor network infrastructure. If inventor does crash in the middle of a save, do not use the current file, especially if it reads "partname".newver.ipt/iam this is a pretty good indication your file is corrupt.

if you are experiencing this frequently i suggest you start using the semi isolated version or better yet the vault. This will leave a version of the files on your hard drive so if there is a network failure there won't be a file corruption.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report