Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*CRASH BUG* - iProperties/Status tab

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
327 Views, 5 Replies

*CRASH BUG* - iProperties/Status tab

A colleague here has a fatal problem with his Inventor 8 installation.

On any and every part/assembly/drawing that he opens, then goes to the iProperties/Status tab, IV8 will crash immediately without any error messages.

We have reinstalled it on his computer, and it still happens.

We have not been able to reproduce this crash on any other computers. Has anyone else seen this bug? Any work-arounds (OTHER than not using the Status tab... 😉 )?

Thanks in advance,
-Kody
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Of course a couple of things need to be asked. Did you disable all of the anti-viris software before installing? What are the specs on his computer? Joe
Message 3 of 6
Ulysse

Hi,

I’m the said “colleague”, I don't know much about computers…

The Antivirus was not disabled and I’m running the following:

Dell Workstation 650
Xeon 2.8 GHz
Quadro4 900 XGL (28.41)
1 GB DDR Ram
36 GB Seagate hard drive

(It’s a neat feature if you want to get out of Inventor really really quickly...)
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

McAfee VShield is running on all of our computers. We don't have the rights to shut it off, and didn't bother to get them before installing IV. This bug is only affecting Ulysse's installation though. Everyone has the same computer too.
Message 5 of 6
ruivaz

If you don't have the rights to shut it off, you don't have administrator rights, which are required to install.

The fact that it only happens on one machine is curious, but if that was the weirdest thing seen with computers, we'd all be happy right?

Rui
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I would look into updating your graphics card to a new driver. Nvidia just released a new driver on their webpage that's supported for Inventor. I've been working with it and have had good luck with it. http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp "Ulysse" wrote in message news:31270089.1071874907236.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... Hi, I'm the said "colleague", I don't know much about computers. The Antivirus was not disabled and I'm running the following: Dell Workstation 650 Xeon 2.8 GHz Quadro4 900 XGL (28.41) 1 GB DDR Ram 36 GB Seagate hard drive (It's a neat feature if you want to get out of Inventor really really quickly...)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report