Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

course material

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
lougalea
732 Views, 13 Replies

course material

Hi All

Has anyone had any experience with courses or books by Imaginit?

Thanks

Lou

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Cadmanto
in reply to: lougalea

Yes,  I have taken both the in the classroom persea trainings in vault and the P-Now online courses through Imaginit.

What are you looking to find out?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 14
lougalea
in reply to: Cadmanto

whether they are good as there are many courses and courseware to choose from.They look to have good topics available.So basically were you impressed

Lou

Message 4 of 14
DarrenP

are you talking about the Ascent Courseware?

if so these are very good books

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
lougalea
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes the ascent courseware.It looks like they do classes as well on the courseware

Lou

Message 6 of 14
DarrenP

yes they do

i believe i read somewhere they are trying to do the courseware from the ipad and teach from that

saves a ton money then printing them out

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 14
lougalea
in reply to: DarrenP

Thanks

Message 8 of 14
Cadmanto

I personally thought the P-Now courses were very thurough and good.

The classroom ones were lacking a bit.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 9 of 14
lougalea

I was thinking of the classroom courses Autodesk Inventor 2013 Advanced Part Modeling.Have you done this course?

Lou

Message 10 of 14
lougalea

Scott

Which classroom course did you do and what did you find lacking?

Cheers

Lou

Message 11 of 14
GSE_Dan_A

I did a week long course held by Imaginit.  They provided 2 books, classroom tutorials and hands on training.  It was overall pretty good!  I use the books a lot for reference as they provide pretty good step by step instructions and tutorials.  All tutorials performed come with a CD and can be accessed at any time.  I would say it has helped me with my advancement in Inventor.  I took the Basic Introduction to Solid Modelling.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

GSE Consultants Inc.
Windsor, ON. Canada
Message 12 of 14
DarrenP
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

now all of their books don't come with a cd anymore

all the datasets are on a a ftp website

the address is found on the inside of the book

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 13 of 14
mflayler2
in reply to: GSE_Dan_A

I'm a little biased on this (since I wrote a few of the exercises) so I'll just add to the ebook conversation...

http://blogs.rand.com/ascent/2012/04/ebooks-in-the-classroom.html

Now I have done an iPad class with the books and it was awesome.  The students can subscribe to my notes so when I make omissions or course corrections or make a point about concepts they can instantly see the notes in their iPad version (which also works on a desktop application or Android device).  It went over very well.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 14 of 14
Cadmanto

No I haven't taken these courses in the classroom.  I did do the advanced part modeling 2012 in the P-Now on-line course.

The courses I did take were the vault basic and admin.  What I found lacking is the admin course never provided

a manual to reference for later times and to follow and markup during the course.  Also, the course material didn't get real deep and left a lot of us asking more questions and feeling a complete understanding of the software.  In my opinion the time was too short and needed to be longer in order to cover the contents in greater detail.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report