Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Countersink/Hole size versus tap spec

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
basslinedesign
462 Views, 3 Replies

Countersink/Hole size versus tap spec

IV10P....how do I get IV to recongize the thread size for a countersink? When I specify the thread size I expect the countersink properties to change in accordance with that selection, like that obsolete program did, aka MDT. I should not have to look up the fastener properties and input those myself, the tool needs to handle this as I expected when I paid to migrate from IV7. Or am I missing something here??
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: basslinedesign

Selecting a thread specification for tapped holes does drive the size of the hole i.e. diameter. But we do not drive the other properties like countersunk angle and diameter. Did you mean driving these other properties? Thanks.

shekar
Message 3 of 4

Yes, that is correct. Go into Mechanical Desktop and see how "Content 3D", "Holes", "Countersinks" works. All I do is tell it what size I care about, e.g., M5, and MDT determines the hole and countersink particulars. In fact I occasionally go through this process with MDT because I cannot find a way for Inventor to do so. It should, right, since it is replacing MDT?
Message 4 of 4

Shekar, is there a plan to catch up to MDT on this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report