Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not resolve segment PmDCSegment referenced error

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
karthur1
1883 Views, 8 Replies

Could not resolve segment PmDCSegment referenced error

I had a sub assembly in my main assembly.  I needed an "Opp Hand" of the sub, so I used the Mirror command in the assembly.  Saved and closed the assembly.  Now when I open the assembly, I get this error.

2014-02-14_2109.png

I can click OK and it will go ahead and open the assembly.  If I open up the part shown here, I get the same error.  There are NO errors in the file once it opens, the red cross is not active.

There are three subs in my main assembly that I used the mirror command on and this error comes up on all three of them.

I have not made an idw using this file yet, but I would bet that the same error comes up when I reopen the idw.

Can I stop this error from happening?

(Files Attached)

Thanks

Kirk

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
blair
in reply to: karthur1

It looks like it brought along some work planes and sketchs from the IAM file. I suspect this might be the problem. If you expand the derived icon in the part browser there is more than just the link to the parent part. 

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 9
karthur1
in reply to: blair

I edited the derived part and excluded those in the derive.  Still get the error.

Files are attached.

Kirk

Message 4 of 9
blair

I am currently out of the country on holidays and only have my iPad. Not sure why but when I did the derive the other day on my home system I didn't get the problem or any of the additional data.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 9
Yijiang.Cai

When looking into the dataset, this error happens as this dataset has been corrupted. So we have to recreate this dataset.
Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 6 of 9
Adrian-01
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

I have had this same issue three times in the past 5 months.

Is there a reason for this and how to prevent this from happening.

Message 7 of 9
jamie.emmart
in reply to: Yijiang.Cai

River,

thanks for the feedback. Can you be more specific regarding the solution? ie:

1. remove the derived part and re-import
  2. start the target part from scratch
  3. create a new source part for the derive

"recreate this dataset" is a bit vague / IT speak for people who are designing things...

Jamie

Message 8 of 9
johnsonshiue
in reply to: jamie.emmart

Hi Jamie,

Unfortunately, it will be creating from scratch. In some rare case, we might be able to recover other healthy segments (depending on the corruption). But, mostly the file is corrupted. Any further editing can lead to unpredictable behavior. If you have an example, I am more than happy to take a look. Please share it here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 9 of 9
Adrian-01
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks,

I have not seen this issue appear sync, and its been a few years now.

All is good in the universe....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report