Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying drawing views

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
712 Views, 7 Replies

Copying drawing views

Hi all
I recently started working on Inventor 2013 and I'm trying to copy a drawing view in order to place it on another sheet. Unfortunatly I see no copy option. Am I doing sth wrong or it's due to the changes in the version?
Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Were you able to do it in 2012 or previous versions and the same method you used in the past isn't working in 2013?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

I did use it on 2011. I was clicking on a view to mark it and was able to copy it and paste it to another drawing file or another sheet. On 2013 I can only copy an entire sheet but not a view from it.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Got it! The views can still be copied but it's mandatory to select the base view and copy it along with all dependant to it.

Message 5 of 8
rdyson

Works here, selecting the view either in canvas or from the browser. Unless I'm not understanding what you're trying to do.

Image1.jpg

PDSU 2016
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rdyson

I'm trying to do exactly the same but unless you select the base view you can't copy. It wasn't so in 2011 if I'm not mistaken

Message 7 of 8
rdyson

I'm not able to copy section views or detail views but can copy any projected or aux views.

I have to copy the view that the section / detail is created from as well as the section / detail to copy them.

PDSU 2016
Message 8 of 8
SBix26

Are you wanting a second copy of the view on another sheet, or do you want to move the existing view to another sheet?  If the latter, no copying needed; just use the browser and drag the view from one sheet to another.  If the former, then as rdyson points out, a projected view can be copied.  If section or detail, not possible (why, Autodesk?).

Best workaround I can think of is to create a duplicate view on the first sheet, so you can see all the annotations on the original, then move it to another sheet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report