Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy With Base Point from all open docs to new document

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
234 Views, 0 Replies

Copy With Base Point from all open docs to new document

Hello Community!

This is my first try at ACAD customization, and from looking around it appears to jumping in at the deep end of the pool... This is what i am attempting to do. We are primarily an Inventor shop, however, one of our clients requires dwg files in a very specific format, with geometry in model space and viewports in paper space. Unfortunately Inventor can export only to model space or paper space, and a separate dwg is produced for each sheet. (i.e. a ten sheet inventor drawing produces ten .dwg files: dwg_sheet_1, dwg_sheet_2, etc.) So, what we started doing is opening a new dwg, and copy & pasting each individual dwg's geometry into the new drawing at a predefined offset from origin (ie: sheet1 @ 0,0, sheet2 @20,0, sheet3 @40.0, etc..). Then we created a layout in paper space, found the first sheet in a viewport, copied the layout, and panned the VP to sheet2, and repeated until we had layouts for all sheets. This sucks! It is not uncommon for us to have to do this to 50 to 100 files at a crack with maybe a combined 500-1000 sheets! We got a bit smarter with our templates, and I butchered some LISP together to make the individual "sub tasks" faster but this is still kicking our collective buts. It seems like the next step would be a VBA application that can copy from drawing to drawing, and call the existing lisp routines for the "sub steps", but i am completely out of my depth here. I have a fair bit of experience in iLogic for inventor and that's kind of VB-ish... If anyone can point me at examples of routines that create a collection of all open drawings, then iterate through them, it would be greatly appreciated! Also any advice on whether vba, vb.net or some other language would be the best way to go here would be welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report