Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy view / Replace model Reference

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
karthur1
467 Views, 2 Replies

Copy view / Replace model Reference

One of the new features in 2013 is the ability to copy a view that is on the idw.  Is there a way to copy/paste a view, then replace the reference of ONLY the part in the view that was just copied?

What I have is two parts. For simplicity, just imagine both as a square plate.  One has a hole in it, one doesnt.  I have already dimensioned the square plate. Now I copy the view and paste it back on the sheet.  I want to replace the reference of the one I just copied and change the reference to the part with the hole.  If I use replace model reference command, it will replace both references, which is what I dont want.

Just a wish I guess, but the only way I can do this now it to place the second part on the sheet and start dimensioning it.  Seems like a waste when we almost have the tools to quickly complete this.

Kirk

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
harco
in reply to: karthur1

This is a pure guess as I haven't used this feature.

It is an awkward workaround if it works at all, but can you copy the view to a new drawing perform the replace there and then copy back to the original.

Maybe worth a try.

Message 3 of 3
pauldoubet
in reply to: harco

harco is correct, you can do this using a new dwg/idw file. I have done this as it is the only work around that I know of and it works fine, just a few extra mouse clicks.

Hope this helps, Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report