Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Sheet from One Drawing to Another?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Bill.Schmid
3162 Views, 6 Replies

Copy Sheet from One Drawing to Another?

I swear I've done this before and now I can't make it work.

You can't copy a sheet within a drawing to duplicate it.  So, as a workaround, I saved a copy of the drawing to a different name and tried to copy a sheet back.  Pick the view in the browser, right click, copy.  Switch to the original drawing, right click paste in the browser.  All I keep getting is an error "Invalid input for Request."  I even think I remember getting this error before and finding a way around it.

So what am I doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

Im using Inv2012 from Plant design suite

I just tested...works ok for me...however view in newly created sheet neaded an update.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 3 of 7
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

I tried it yet again by saving the existing drawing to "temp", deleting all the views, copying the sheet and pasting it into the original drawing.  I think there was at least a quit and restart of Inventor in there somewhere, too.  This time it worked.

Message 4 of 7
hela0005

Your drawing has to be saved...

Message 5 of 7
roland.andrag
in reply to: hela0005

I had the same issue, i.e. error "Invalid input for request" when pasting a sheet from one idw to another.

In the end I got it working by deleting the title block and border before copying (and then re-adding them afterwards).

Message 6 of 7

Hi Roland,

Could you share an example exhibiting the behavior? The error sounds like a corruption to me.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 7
MkEHWD

Ok I know its an old topic... so I just had this error and I think I find out what was the problem... TITTLE BLOCK! I had 2 tittle block named the same way but with slight modifications in it. I dont know of its because of the modifications or they both had the same name but I removed the tittle block on the sheet I wanted to copy, I copied the sheet and then I reinsert my tittle block. Works like a charm! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report