Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy revision table style from idw to idw

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
CAD-One
2606 Views, 9 Replies

copy revision table style from idw to idw

Is there a way to copy revision table style from one idw to another. I know its best practice is to fix the rev table style in the template. I have actually fixed the template, but the 2 idws in question were created before fixing the template.

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
r_baker11
in reply to: CAD-One

You can edit the frames & templates from within the idw's, so just cut & paste to suit.

Message 3 of 10
SBix26

In the template, use the Style & Standard Editor to export the revision table style (it will create a .styxml file).  Then use the Import button in the Style & Standard Editor in the two files.

Even easier, though, is to use the Styles library.  If your Styles library is up to date with your template, all you need to do is click the Update Styles tool in each of your out-of-date drawings and they will be updated to the current revision style.

Message 4 of 10
CAD-One
in reply to: SBix26

Sam,

Thats a neat solution. I have few more questions before I impliment this. I use vault with single project file. Currently dont use library folder. I now planning on creating a library folder and moving the styles into the lirary folder.

What do I need to move to the library folder?

I am planning on moving 2 folders (Design data & Templates)

Lastly, There are tons of drawing data in the vault. I wish I would have done this when the vault was intoduced. Never late than never, I want to do it.

What problems you think may comeup by implimenting this improvement (library folder) ?

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 5 of 10
SBix26

Sorry, I don't know much about Vault.  Someone who is using Styles Libraries with Vault will have to help you with that.  Anybody?

Message 6 of 10
spsid13

I forgot to add the revision table in the template and have made about 500 hundred drawings without the revision table.

Is there a way i can get the revision table in all drawings?

Message 7 of 10
SBix26
in reply to: spsid13

This really should be a new topic-- it's not the same question as the original (now three years old).

What version of Inventor are you using?

If I understand correctly, you neglected to place a blank revision table in about 500 drawings as they were being created, and wish to do so now.  I don't know of a built-in tool to do this, so it will either be a manual task (open each file, place revision block, save & close; allow several weeks for recovery from repetitive stress injury), or a iLogic/VBA solution.  If all the drawings can be gathered in one folder, this shouldn't be too difficult to program, assuming the revision table goes the same place in each drawing.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 8 of 10
spsid13

Hi bixler,

You have understood my problem exactly.
i can get the files into one folder and also the empty revision table has to go in one place in all the drawings.

I would be very grateful if you can help me with the ilogic. I haven't used it before until now. 

Thanks a lot,

Sid

Message 9 of 10
SBix26
in reply to: spsid13

Unfortunately, I don't have time to work this out for you-- anyone else?

If you don't get helpful responses here, you might try posting in the Inventor Customization Forum, where the programmers hang out.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
HP EliteBook 8770w; 8 GB RAM; Core™ i7-3720QM 2.60 GHz; Quadro K4000M

Message 10 of 10
bPreves

Was this never solved?????

DEAR GOD I have to enter these all manually. 

FML INVENTOR@!!++++!U!@(!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report